Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The ONE THING you need to do to overcome fear

It’s hard to be happy if you’re worried and anxious.

Fear can stop us living our best lives and then, not surprisingly, eat away at our happiness.

But the good news is we can be happier; if we just do this ONE THING to overcome our fear…

via Inc.com by Mareo McCracken

Many business leaders pretend they are incredibly controlled, stoic, and confident. The perceived ideal image is for them to show that they do not feel fear.

Truth?  

I have never met anyone who doesn’t face fear.

Every day, I don’t know exactly what my team is going to do. I don’t know what my clients are going to do. I don’t know what my partners are going to do. I don’t know what my future clients are going to do.

The biggest fear of all? I don’t know if the actions I take will create the exact results that I want.

I am not alone.

Every single entrepreneur, leader, or executive is afraid of something. That fear is always shown in behavior. It might be the tone of voice or the act of not taking action, or it might be shown in aggression towards a threat. No matter how it is shown, fear is real.

Everyone knows fear kills.

Fear kills opportunities, relationships, sales, product launches, and employee morale.

Fear is formed when the mind focuses on the uncertainty of future outcomes. Confidence comes from awareness of all the facts along with a belief in a positive outcome, no matter the uncertainty present.

The good thing is there’s some MIT research that shows you exactly how to overcome fear–even if that was not the point of the research, to begin with…

…keep reading the full & original article HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment